Classroom Review Program
One of the best ways to begin your Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) and Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) certification journey is to attend a collaborative classroom review program.
This instructor-led program helps solidify your understanding of the Body of Knowledge (PDF) and key manufacturing concepts. This is an invaluable opportunity to help prepare you for the exams and provide you with a foundation for completing the certification programs. The Classroom Review Program provides:
- A review of the Body of Knowledge (PDF)
- Interactive group discussions
- A review of recommended reading materials
- Fundamentals of Manufacturing, Third Edition and other recommended review books
- Body of Knowledge (PDF)
- Competency Model (PDF)
- Paper and pen/pencil/highlighter for taking notes
- Post-it notes or paperclips to flag sections in the book(s)
Host a Review Program
If you are interested in leading a classroom review program, please email or call us at 800.733.4763 or 313.425.3000.
- How an SME Chapter can host a program
- Hold a Review Program at your organization
- Become a Review Program Facilitator
Online Review Programs
There is a wealth of knowledge you can gain before taking the Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) exam and even the Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) exam. The Online Technologist Review Program is a valuable resource to help you prepare. Visit sme.org/prepare for additional tools and resources.
The Online Technologist Review Program (PDF) is comprised of more than 60 classes with integrated quizzes and exercises that map to the Body of Knowledge (PDF). This review program also makes an excellent workforce development tool.
This program is also extremely beneficial for those preparing to take the CMfgE exam. Note that calculus, Taguchi, time value of money, and depreciation are not covered as they relate to the CMfgE exam.
NOTE: Your login information will be provided via email within 24-36 hours after purchase.
Classes are viewed online through an easy to navigate interface. You’ll gain practice with questions similar to that on the actual exam.
- Vocabulary and definitions (printable)
- Downloadable PDF of each lesson
- Pre- and post-course tests
- Interactive exercises
- 24/7 online access
- One-year unlimited access from date of purchase