Vernon Hills, IL — The new i-ONE system of exchangeable micrograin carbide drill inserts and premium tool steel holders with coolant channels is based on coating advances and optimized designs for higher tool life and changeover speed, according to tool manufacturer YG-1.
“Our new i-ONE line offers the advantage of a solid carbide drill combined with the flexibility of steel bodies,” said Steve Pilger, Product Manager, Holemaking. “i-ONE micro-grain carbide inserts combine a new, multilayered H-coating and optimized cutting angles with tool steel holders with Torx Plus clamping stability.
“With those and other advanced features, i-ONE drills last longer than competitors’ products. And when you finally need to change inserts, we engineered the i-ONE interface for foolproof and worry-free insert changeovers.”
i-ONE drill inserts feature:
- Micro-grain carbide core for strength
- Advanced multilayered H-coating for hot hardness and minimal wear
- Optimized point geometry for centering and smoother cutting
- Ground negative land on cutting edge for extended cutting life
The system’s nickel-plated tool steel holder features:
- Premium tool steel shaft optimized to resist corrosion and wear and ensure body clearance
- Optimized flute shape for smooth chip evacuation
- Torx Plus Screw for reliable insert seating and stability at a full range of speeds
- Coolant holes to dissipate heat in and evacuate chips from the cutting zone
i-ONE drills come in various insert sizes, and tool steel holders are available in 3xD, 5xD and 8xD depths and in ODs from.393 in. to 1.328 in. and Ø10mm to Ø33.73mm.