Creaform, a provider of 3D measurement solutions, announced on September 24, 2020 the latest release in its R-Series lineup, including the new MetraSCAN-R BLACK|Elite as well as the addition of four different models in the CUBE-R 3D scanning measuring machine. Creaform also launched the brand-new VXscan-R digital twin environment software module, which it said completes the company’s turnkey automated quality control solution suite.
Features the company pointed out include:
- 45 blue laser lines for a high-density scanning area that takes up to 1,800,000 measurements per second and generates live meshes
- Accuracy of 0.025 mm (0.001 in.) in shop floor conditions.
- A measurement resolution of 0.025 mm (0.0009 in) that generates highly detailed scans regardless of the surface, trim, geometric feature or type of sheet metal
- New digital twin environment software, the VXscan-R programs robot paths and optimize the line of sight of the robotic system
- The company claims it captures highly reliable 3D measurement data on shiny surfaces, objects with variations in reflectivity, different part sizes, and a variety of surface geometries
- The CUBE-R is offered in 16 configurations, and the MetraSCAN-R BLACK|Elite can be integrated into a custom measuring cell built according to client’s specific needs. Options include different types of safety enclosures, payloads and asset protection configurations.
- Creaform’s automated quality control solutions can be used by professionals who have little metrology knowledge, according to the company. The MetraSCAN-R BLACK|Elite is compatible with major metrology software, enabling integration within any type of production workflow.