Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable and automated 3D measurement solutions, on June 23, 2020, announced the release of the latest version in its MetraSCAN 3D lineup, the company’s optical CMM scanner designed to perform metrology-grade 3D measurements on the production floor. The MetraSCAN BLACK is designed to integrated in any quality control, quality assurance, inspection, MRO, or reverse engineering workflow, according to Creaform.
The MetraSCAN BLACK dimensional metrology system has been developed to measure complex parts and assemblies from an array of industries and manufacturing processes, such as automobile, aeronautics, power generation, heavy industry, metal casting, metal forging, sheet metal, plastic injection, or composites.
- Featuring 15 blue laser crosses for larger scanning area that take up to 1,800,000 measurements per second and live meshing, ultimately cutting down the time between acquisition and workable files.
- MetraSCAN BLACK features a measurement resolution of 0.025 mm (0.0009 in) to generate highly detailed scans of any object.
- Accuracy of 0.025 mm, based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard and tested in a ISO 17025 accredited laboratory. This ensures complete reliability and full traceability to international standards, according to the company.
- The MetraSCAN BLACK features dynamic referencing that compensates for surrounding instabilities, according to the company
- No warm-up time needed, the company says operators can be up-and-running in minutes.
- When paired with the HandyPROBE, the MetraSCAN BLACK lets users apply both 3D scanning and probing.
- Available in BLACK and BLACK|Elite: Customers can choose from two models based on their needs: speed, part complexity, accuracy, etc.