Tolland, Conn. – CNC Software Inc., developer of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, has announced new 5-axis milling post processors for SINUMERIK-controlled machine tools. These new post processors were developed utilizing the technical expertise of Siemens CNC engineers.
These post processors include support for SINUMERIK 840D and SINUMERIK ONE CNCs from Siemens. Features include:
- Table/Table (AC/BC/Nutating) Support.
- Rotary and Vector Programming.
- Advanced Surface / Top Surface (COMPCAD / COMPSURF).
- CYCLE 832 Support for High Speed Settings (OTOL).
- CYCLE 800 Tilted Workplane (3+2).
- TRAORI – Tool Center Point Control (ORIWKS, ORIMKS, ORIAXIS, ORIVECT, and ORISON/ORISOF).
- SUPA (suppress all [offsets]).
- Work offset support matching control capabilities (G54-G57/G507-G599).
- Optimized Drilling Cycles (CYCLE 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 840).
- Numerical tool call with offset D#.
- TOFFR functionality to support cutter comp wear strategy.
- A Siemens application guide.
“Providing this new 5-axis post for Mastercam continues to extend the benefit of our ongoing relationship with Siemens from the creation of our 3-axis, 4-axis, and now the 5-axis post processors that will bring the highest productivity gains to machine tools for customers. Our post engineers and Siemens engineers have done a fantastic job making sure we provide the most common options for our mutual customers,” says Mastercam Post Department Manager Pedro Sanchez, Jr.
Chris Pollack, Virtual Technical Application Center Manager, Siemens Industry, Inc. said, “When driving advanced technology, such as 5-axis machine tools, the quality and capability of the post processor is arguably one of the most important pieces in the manufacturing process chain. After working with the exceptional Post Engineers at CNC Software, I can truly say that this latest post is a thing of beauty. It allows both the SINUMERIK CNC as well as Mastercam to operate at its fullest potential.”
According to Dr. Jochen Bretschneider, Product Manager SINUMERIK Technologies, Siemens AG Erlangen, “It is well known that the post processor determines the efficiency of 5-axis simultaneous machining that end users can achieve on their machines. Only if the correct command set of the CNC control is addressed by the post processor can the full performance in terms of machining times and surface quality be achieved. With the new Mastercam 5-axis mill post processor it is guaranteed that not only the proven SINUMERIK 840D sl can be optimally operated, but also the future-oriented, powerful SINUMERIK ONE. End users therefore can cover existing machinery with SINUMERIK 840D sl as well as brand new machines equipped with SINUMERIK ONE.”
For more information about Mastercam, please visit www.mastercam.com.
For more information about Siemens, please visit www.usa.siemens.com/cnc.