Pine Brook, N.J.-based Doosan Machine Tools America will feature an extensive collection of products at the 2019 edition of the Doosan International Machine Tool Fair (DIMF). A total of 80 machines will be on display, including 38 new or upgraded models. The event will take place at Doosan’s machine tool factory in Changwon, South Korea, May 15-17.
“A passion for machining is at the heart of everything we do, and we hope to share it with the world at DIMF 2019,” said Jim Shiner, vice president of sales and marketing at Doosan Machine Tools America. “We welcome this opportunity to present our latest products and technologies and show how they can take your business to the next level.”
Key machines on display at DIMF 2019 include the following:
5-Axis Vertical Machining Centers
- DVF 5000 + Auto Workpiece Changer (AWC): The compact DVF 5000 features a 19.7-in. diameter, built-in rotary table, and a 60-tool servo-driven automatic tool changer. The configuration shown at DIMF will include the optional/ retrofittable AWC for lights-out 5-axis productivity.
- DVF 6500 + Linear Pallet System (LPS): The DVF 6500 is equipped with a ø24.8 rotary table with a 40 taper 12,000 or 18,000 r/min. spindle. A turning function is built into the rotary table for added productivity when additional features are on the part. This machine will be equipped with an optional LPS for DIMF.
- DVF 8000: The DVF 8000 is a larger 5-axis machining center that incorporates many of the features of the DVF 6500, but has a larger (31.5-in. diameter) rotary table which can support a maximum weight of 3086 lb. A turning function also is built into the rotary table for this model, which allows it to spin at 600 r/min.
- PUMA SMX5100L: A super multi-tasking machine, the PUMA SMX5100L has a rotating B-axis milling spindle that operates at 10,000 r/min., a maximum machining diameter of 33.46 in. and machining length of 118.11 in., with a chuck size of 15-21 in.
- PUMA TT1300SYY: The new generation PUMA TT1300SYY is a twin-spindle, dual Y-axis turning center. A 12-station turret with 24 positions accommodates BMT tooling and rotates at 6000 r/min. A 5- or 6-in. chuck is standard.
High Productivity Horizontal Machining Centers
- NHP 5000 + Tower-style Rotary Pallet System (RPS): The 500mm pallet NHP 5000 comes standard with a CAT 40 15,000 r/min. spindle. The model shown at DIMF will feature the new optional multi-level RPS, which has a 22-pallet capacity.
Horizontal Turning Applications
- PUMA 700LM III + Automatic Tool Changer (ATC): Backed by one of the largest work envelopes in its class and BMT tooling, the PUMA 700LM has a maximum turning diameter of 35.4 in. and turning length of 126 in. The version shown at DIMF will incorporate an ATC for enhanced productivity.
The machines shown at DIMF will feature a variety of control systems, including Doosan’s CUFOS (customized user-friendly flexible operating system). With this PC-based control, customers can maximize their machines’ efficiency and harness open CNC architecture, conveniently operating all of their manufacturing processes, from setup to machining to maintenance.