CAD/CAM developer CNC Software Inc. (Tolland, CT) announced the release of Mastercam 2019, which was developed to streamline the manufacturing process from job setup to job completion. It helps increase machining productivity and reduce overall production costs with new 2D through multiaxis milling automation features, CAD and model preparation improvements, expanded 3D tooling, accelerated finishing, and powerful turning and Mill-Turn enhancements.
- CNC programming. Mastercam 2019 offers a series of automated 2D through 5-axis toolpath improvements. Re-engineered chamfering and holemaking strategies, plus the new Multiaxis deburring, provide new levels of time-saving automation and simplicity. New milling toolpath strategies, like the high-speed Equal Scallop toolpath, offer both machining performance and surface finish improvements. The new release includes additional support for the Sandvik Coromant PrimeTurning method, enhanced grooving, bar feed, and other features for turning and mill-turn applications, plus new lathe and Swiss-style machine support.
- Job preparation and setup. Mastercam 2019 helps reduce job setup time and the preparation needed for part machining and programming. This includes enhanced CAD functionality and 3D model import support, improved part preparation and fixture setup tools, additional PowerSurface capabilities, and expanded support for Model-Based Definition.
- Tool support. Mastercam 2019’s expanded digital tool library capability offers 3D tool assembly models with access to the latest cutting tool technology and updates for Sandvik Coromant CoroPlus and MachiningCloud platforms. It also expands Accelerated Finishing with support for taper and lens-style tools aimed at 75 percent cycle time improvement for finishing operations with surface finish quality.
- Validation. With improvements to toolpath and machine simulation, toolpath graphics, and other verification and analysis tools, Mastercam 2019 provides greater support for block drilling multiple holes simultaneously and better axis control in simulation, allowing users to easily check machine limits or collision checking.
- Job management and documentation. Mastercam 2019 also improves job documentation and management, while helping to address quality and certification initiatives. New toolpath visualization capabilities and section view tools, improvements to view and setup sheets, and a wide array of system-level enhancements improve efficiency in managing job workflow, as well as providing better tools for process documentation.