CHICAGO, IL – APRIL 3, 2017 – Today TM Roboticsin partnership with Toshiba Machine, announced the launch of Toshiba Machine’s newest TVM 6-axis line from the biggest robotics show in the world, Automate. The new 6-axis robots are compatible with other Toshiba Machine products, including injection molding machines and machine tools, and are a great fit for companies that have significant material handling and general machine tending needs. The new cost-effective TVM model is a vertically articulated robot series aimed at a multitude of industries, such as automotive components, plastics, medical, packaging, and pharmaceutical, due to its high productivity in transfer and assembly and lightweight, reliable design.
Toshiba Machine has initially released three models of the TVM – all with varying specifications:
- TVM900/TSL3200E; Reach 1124mm, Payload 20kg
- TVM1200/TSL3200E; Reach 1418mm, Payload 15kg
- TVM1500/TSL3200E; Reach 1715mm, Payload 10kg
Combined with Toshiba Machine’s robot vision recognition package, TSVision3D, the TVM also supports easy implementation of bin-picking automation. With such convenience, no CAD data is necessary for model registration. Instead, the introduction of an automated system is supported with an easy calibration procedure.
In addition to the TVM launch, TM Robotics is featuring a number of robots and partnerships from the TM Robotics booth at Automate.
- New partnership with ASG. The TH550A SCARA will be demonstrated with ASG to showcase screwdriver assembly applications.
- The TVL500 6-axis and the THL300 SCARA. Working together to hold a golf club and putt, demonstrating how each robot can accomplish deliberate tasks that require attention to finite details.
- The TSVision3D software. Enables system integrators to easily automate bin picking and is of great interest to industries such as food preparation, pharmaceutical, and order fulfillment.