HANNOVER, Germany – April 25, 2017: The machines that make up a modern factory create more than just sweatshirts or submarines. They create a lot of data. This data can tell you everything from how efficient the machine is to how likely it is to break. For plant managers, being able to see and act on this data is key. It holds the secrets to new product introduction velocity, real-time and dynamic optimization, and productivity stats at the worker level. It even allows access to a so-called ‘product pedigree’ – so customers can track a product across the supply chain.
To help plant managers tap into that data, Cisco is introducing three new solutions to the Connected Factory portfolio. In doing so, we are laying the foundation for Industrie 4.0.; and our own Digital Network Architecture, or DNA, is powering it. Welcome to the next generation of smart manufacturing.
- Time Sensitive Networking is now supported on the IE4000 Switch family: A new standard that protects the data and ensures those mission critical applications are running smoothly on the network. And, what you purchase today will work with new applications tomorrow.
- Connected Asset Manager (CAM) for IoT Intelligence: Not looking for just another visualization tool? This one is unique. It can extract data from a variety of sources – and tie together multiple existing data threads in the plant across today’s legacy system siloes. Oh, and it’s also open and analytic-engine agnostic. Reporting is easy – just drag and drop data in a simple interface.
- Industrial Network Director: Made with operators in mind – not just IT. It gives factories full control of the plant network. You can also set-up faster and risk less downtime. Plus, it offers true plug-and-play functionality. Install your managed switch and rest assured that the proper security, settings, and functionality are set. No manual programming required.
Data must be actionable. Cisco Connected Factory brings the power of data across the manufacturing siloes of today. Our solutions provide full visibility, with a focus on three things:
- Simplicity: Use Cisco’s trusted network to connect everything and get the most out of your factory floor.
- Security: Avoid the front page of the newspaper, our security solutions have you covered.
- Better intelligence: The more you know, the faster you can act. We get the information in the right hands.
As the leader in IT across multiple industries, our rich history gives us a unique lens into the manufacturing world. We understand that a smart network is necessary to get to the ‘right’ data, and we know the impact that kind of insight has into the business. Together, with our growing list of ecosystem partners – Cisco can help manufacturers make the most of their factories.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco IOS are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.