This membership level is available to:
- Colleges, universities and technical institutes interested in providing their faculty and staff with access to SME’s rich resources and knowledge of manufacturing.
- Schools or departments at colleges, universities and technical institutes focused on engineering and manufacturing.
- Does not include memberships for students. They can join separately as SME Postsecondary Members.
Current Institutional Members
- Central Michigan University
- Clemson University
- Fullerton College
- Grand Valley State
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Southern University
- Harper College
- Michigan Tech University
- New Brunswick Community College
- Oakland University
- Penn State
- Rockingham Community College
- Virginia Tech
- Washtenaw Community College
ABET Program Evaluation
SME is one of only 35 organizations that provides ABET with input on the more than 3,600 scientific and technical programs at 700+ institutions in 29 countries. SME members serve as program evaluators for manufacturing technology and manufacturing engineering programs.
This group program provides five professional memberships for faculty, administrators and staff for a fee of $750.
- Employees at the same institution can join or renew at a special rate of $20 per year.
- The membership covers all campuses of the same institution.
- This program does not cover memberships for students nor is it related to the establishment of a student chapter on campus.
- Ralton Emory, SME Member and Industry Relations Manager, at 865.248.4913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Moulton, SME Member Services Manager, at 313.425.3213 or email@example.com