The SME Gold Medal is part of the International Honor Awards, and recognizes outstanding service to the manufacturing engineering profession in technical communications through published literature, technical writings or lectures.
Nomination Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominations can be submitted for both U.S. and international citizens.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the field of manufacturing.
To submit an International Honor Award nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS WORD)
- Verify that the nominee meets all of the outlined eligibility requirements.
- Include three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead; one letter should be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit, as thoroughly as possible, supporting information (publications, innovations, patents) on the nomination form.
Send completed nomination form(s) and recommendation letters no later than Aug. 1 of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910, Southfield, MI 48075
Fax: 313.425.3406 | Email: email@example.com
Recent Award Winner
Jian Cao, PhD, FSME
SME Gold Medal Recipients (1955 to present)
|Altan, Taylan, PhD, FSME (1985)||McKee, Keith, PhD (1991)|
|Augustine, Norman R. (1987)||Michel, Frederick J., FSME, CMfgT (2003)|
|Babichev, Anatoly P., PhD (2004)||Nee, Andrew Yeh-Ching, PhD (2014)|
|Beall, Glenn L. (2000)||O’Rourke, J. Tracy (1988)|
|Bordogna, Joseph, PhD (2001)||Rajurkar, K.P., PhD, FSME (2009)|
|Boston, Orlan W. (1956)*||Rasch, Finn Ola (1995)|
|Boulger, Francis W. (1967)||Rice, William B. (1982)*|
|Bregi, Ben F. (1963)||Roth, Edward S., FSME, CMfgE, PE (1966)*|
|Buckingham, Earle, PhD (1957)||Sata, Toshio, PhD (1984)|
|Cao, Jian, PhD, FSME (2020)||Schey, John A., PhD (1974)*|
|Chiantella, Nathan A., FSME, CMfgE (1992)||Schmidt, Alfred O. (1959)*|
|Chowdhury, Subir, FSME (2002)||Schmid, Steven R. (2019)|
|Colvin, Fred H. (1955)*||Shaw, Milton C. (1958)|
|Colwell, Lester V. (1976)*||Sluhan, Clyde A. (1972)*|
|Conn, Harry (1975)||Sohlenius, Gunnar H. (1993)|
|Coughlan, Charles T. (1998)||Sutherland, John W., PhD, FSME (2018)|
|Dallas, Daniel B. (1980)*||Takazawa, Koya (1999)|
|Ehmann, Kornel, PhD, FSME (2008)||Takeyama, Hidehiko, PhD (1981)|
|Field, Michael, PhD (1968)*||Tarasov, Leo P. (1961)|
|Hall, Robert W., PhD (2006)||Tlusty, Jiri, PhD, FSME (1979)*|
|Hu, S. Jack, PhD (2017)||Ni, Jun, PhD, FSME (2013)|
|Kalpakjian, Serope, FSME (2016)||Van Houten, Fred .J.A.M., Prof. Dr. Ir. (2012)|
|Kapoor, Shiv G., PhD (2015)||Varnum, Edward C. (1960)|
|Kegg, Richard L., PhD, FSME, CMfgE, PE (1997)*||Vaughn, Robert L. (1969)|
|Kobayashi, Shiro (1983)*||Weller, E.J. (1970)|
|Koontz, James L. (1990)||Wiendahl, Hans-Peter, Dr.-Ing., Dr.h.c.mult. (2010)|
|Koren, Yoram, PhD, FSME (2007)||Wilhelm, Wilbert E., PhD, PE (2011)|
|Koster, William P., PhD (1978)||Williams, Roy L. (1973)|
|Kugler, Arthur Noble (1965)||Willoughby, Willis J. (1989)|
|Lange, Kurt H., PhD (1986)||Zlatin, Norman (1962)*|
|Malkin, Stephen (1996)*|