SME takes our responsibility to adopt and implement safety principles and practical health and safety measures very seriously. We offer these convention center hygiene principles as the cornerstone to producing a successful event in the current environment.
- Every venue will be GBAC-certified or provide comparable health and safety protocols.
- Each venue will be deep-cleaned prior to setup and again before the event begins. Particular emphasis will be placed on the daily cleaning of high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas. Continuous cleaning will take place during the event at these high-traffic areas and touch points.
- SME will work with its venue partners to create and promote the highest standards of food handling safety.
- Exhibitors will be required to frequently disinfect their products and displays.
- With its venue partners, SME will review the air filtration provided by current heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. To ensure air filtration meets the high standards set by GBAC, this will include evaluating the effectiveness of HVAC design, installation and maintenance as part of reducing exposure to any harmful particles.