For the health and safety of all, everyone attending in person events must acknowledge and agree to adhere to the 2021 SME Events Health, Safety and Planning Standards at the time of registration.
Registration and Badging
These measures help ensure a minimum of contact while providing a fast and easy registration process when you attend in person events.
- Preregistration Recommendation — Electronic registration confirmations will detail the new safety procedures and be integrated with a coordinated communication plan.
- Digital Badges — All preregistered guests and exhibitors will be provided digital badges via their mobile devices. Paper QR codes will be provided to those not utilizing a mobile device.
- On-Site Self-Registration — For those not registered, a streamlined, self-registration process will be made available via personal mobile devices.
Messaging, Signage and Customer Service
Up-to-date and low-touch methods will be used to communicate with our attendees.
- Modes of Communication and Messaging — Preregistered attendees and exhibitors will receive event safety information and updates via phone calls, emails, text messages, event websites, mobile apps and marketing collateral.
- Mobile Messaging for Latest Updates — Text and email message reminders will be sent 24 hours prior to each event date for every preregistered person who has not been verified on-site.
Prominent Signage and Displays
Prominent signage will be posted, reminding event participants of health and safety protocols. Floor markers will be used to indicate proper physical distancing.
Enhanced Customer Service
Service desks with fully trained staff will be available to assist all guests with registration, badging and other questions.
These new safety protocols will be promoted on SME event websites, mobile apps and registration as well as in marketing collateral and emails.