- Jeffrey A. Abell, PhD, FSME, PE, General Motors, and ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission member
- Ronald J. Bennett, PhD, University of St. Thomas, and ABET EAC Executive Committee member
- Dianne Chong, PhD, FSME, The Boeing Co. (retired), and ABET Board of Directors member
- Steven L. Coe, The Boeing Co. (retired), and At-Large member
- Robert Dummer, PE, CPM, Synovis Life Technologies Inc., and ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission member
- Winston F. Erevelles, PhD, St. Mary’s University, and ABET Adjunct Accreditation Director, Engineering
- Ismail Fidan, PhD, Tennessee Tech University, and ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission member
- Morteza Sadat-Hossieny, PhD, Northern Kentucky University, and SME Alternate Representative to ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission
- John Irwin, PhD, Michigan Technological University, President, and ATMAE Manufacturing Division
- Michael Johnson, PhD, Texas A&M, and SME Representative to ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission
- Niaz Latif, PhD, Purdue University Calumet, and At-Large member
- Christopher Pung, PhD, Grand Valley State University, and SME Alternate to ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission
- Kolleen Schneider, Andersen Corp., and SME Representative to ABET Board of Delegates and ABET Area Delegation EAC
- Jyhwen Wang, PhD, FSME, Texas A&M University, and SME Representative to ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission
- Carl Williams, CMfgE, PE, University of Memphis, and SME Alternate ABET Board of Delegates and ABET Area Delegation ETAC
- Dianne Chong, PhD, FSME, The Boeing Co. (retired)
- Suzy Marzano
SME's Manufacturing Education & Accreditation Committee serves through benchmarking, identification, definition and assistance in the implementation of manufacturing education activities and accreditation standards and guidelines. The committee functions in an advisory role for these activities to the SME Board of Directors.
The Committee’s primary responsibility is to represent SME in activities related to the accreditation globally of manufacturing education programs in engineering, engineering technology, industrial technology and related manufacturing education programs. It coordinates representation and input on accreditation visits, processes and policies, defining appropriate requirements for manufacturing programs and advocating for and promoting the quality of manufacturing programs through accreditation. The Accreditation Committee is an International Standing Committee reporting to the Executive Committee.
Ongoing Agenda in Support of SME Strategic Plan
- Promote the benefits of postsecondary manufacturing education programs based on the Four Pillars of Manufacturing Knowledge and accreditation of these manufacturing education programs globally through engagement of academia and employers.
- Maintain the currency and relevancy of manufacturing program accreditation criteria to contemporary manufacturing environments and practices and ensure they are forward looking.
- Identify, recruit and train the best manufacturing education and industry leaders to support and become engaged for development of innovative manufacturing education programs and engagement in accreditation activities.
- Formally recognize people, institutions and companies for excellence in their support and engagement in manufacturing accreditation.
SME-ABET Accredited Programs