First virtual conference and tradeshow event from SME focuses on smart manufacturing technology, workforce upskilling/reskilling and the ecosystem for cross-company collaboration
The Best of SMX Virtual Event will bring together manufacturing’s most strategic minds to discuss crucial strategic and workforce issues, as well as eight disruptive technologies destined to change the face of manufacturing globally over the next decade. The event, set for Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT, assembles manufacturing experts, industry executives and thought leaders for a one-day online experience powered by SME, AMT – The Association for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Manufacturing International.
“Manufacturing is accelerating into its fourth renaissance,” said Julie Pike, event manager, Best of SMX. “Innovation and technological advancement are dramatically reshaping how we produce our products, from the way we design them, to how our factories are connected to how we empower our workforce. The Best of SMX Virtual Event will present case studies, panel discussions and a number of keynote addresses to explore Industry 4.0 and what manufacturers need to know to be successful and thrive under today’s and tomorrow’s changing, challenging business conditions.”
Pike enumerated eight key disruptive technologies set for exploration at The Best of SMX, including:
- 3D Printing or Additive Manufacturing in which manufacturers use this game-changing power to design and rapidly produce tooling and finished parts not possible with traditional methods.
- Automation & Robots technology that enables accuracy and increased productivity while assuming dirty and even dangerous tasks done by humans who can focus on more technical aspects of manufacturing.
- Cybersecurity to protect systems, networks and programs from digital attacks, maintain data integrity and safeguard businesses’ intellectual property.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning utilizes computer systems to reason over collected data and predict maintenance and other key business needs.
- Data analytics evaluates raw data from the manufacturing environment to deduce issues and initiate experience-based business decisions.
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality to create new vision in enacting machine maintenance, product design, workforce training and manufacturing simulation.
- Industrial IoT utilizing machine-to-machine communication, big data and machine learning to power efficiencies and reliability in the factory.
- Workforce Transformation to drive the cultural and technological changes that are necessary for manufacturing companies to take advantage of smart manufacturing initiatives.
The event will feature prominent manufacturing experts from major global organizations, including Ford Motor Co., Lockheed Martin, Stanley Black & Decker, Microsoft Corp., Nikon, Verizon Business Group, Siemens Industry Software, McKinsey & Co., among others.