SME, a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing manufacturing and educating its current and future workforce, has installed its new officers, directors and council representatives. The new volunteer leaders take office in January 2020.
- President — Susan M. Smyth, PhD, FSME, NAE, General Motors, Warren, Michigan (retired)
- President-Elect — Michael D. Packer, FSME, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas
- Vice President — Dianne Chong, PhD, FSME, The Boeing Co., Seattle (retired)
- Treasurer — James W. Schlusemann, Prosperia International, Batavia, Illinois
- Secretary — Winston F. Erevelles, PhD, St. Mary's University, San Antonio
- Jeffrey A. Abell, FSME, CMfgE, PE, General Motors, Warren, Michigan
- Robert W. Ivester, PhD, FSME, Department of Energy, Washington, District of Columbia
- Lonnie J. Love, PhD, FSME, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Dean S. Phillips, LINK Systems, Nashville
- Vesna Cota, Tyco Electronics Canada ULC, Markham, Ontario (retired)
- Jennifer C. Fielding, PhD, Air Force Research Laboratory, Liberty Township, Ohio
- Joel Neidig, SIMBA Chain, Plymouth, Indiana
- Kyle M. Riegel, Schunk Carbon Technology, Waterloo, Iowa
- Teresa Rinker, PhD, General Motors Research & Development, Warren, Michigan
- William R. “Will” Sniadack, Metso Flow Control USA, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
- Michael R. Watson, LSME, CMfgE, Flanders Corp., Winterville, North Carolina (retired)
As the governing body of the organization, the SME Board of Directors establishes business policies and strategic direction, while the SME Member Council formulates recommendations to the board related to SME membership’s overall recruitment, retention and engagement.
Applications for 2021-22 SME Board of Directors and Member Council are being accepted through Feb. 15, 2020. Candidates are elected by the voting membership of SME. Click here to apply.