The Eli Whitney Productivity Award is part of the International Honor Awards, and is awarded for distinguished accomplishments in improving capability within the broad concept of orderly production.
Nomination Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominations can be submitted for both U.S. and international citizens.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the field of manufacturing.
To submit an International Honor Award nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS WORD)
- Verify that the nominee meets all of the outlined eligibility requirements.
- Include three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead; one letter should be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit, as thoroughly as possible, supporting information (publications, innovations, patents) on the nomination form.
Send completed nomination form(s) and recommendation letters no later than Aug. 1 of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910, Southfield, MI 48075
Fax: 313.425.3406 | Email: email@example.com
Eli Whitney Productivity Award Recipients (1957 to present)
|Anderson, Robert (1975)||Harding, Kevin G. (1997)|
|Ariens, Daniel T. (2007)||Inaba, Yoshiharu (2015)|
|Astin, Allen V. (1960)||Innes, William D. (1973)|
|Bakken, James C. (1982)||Jensen, Reuben R. (1985)|
|Barcus Jr., James F. (1984)*||Juran, Joseph M. (1995)|
|Basso, Robert J. (1998)||Klocke, Fritz, Prof. Dr.-Ing., FSME (2014)|
|Bement Jr., Arden L., PhD (2004)||Kuhn, Howard A., PhD, PE (2011)|
|Berggren, Thage (1990)||Lauwers, Bert, Prof. Dr. Ir., FSME (2020)|
|Bergstrom, Swan E. (1959)*||McCoy, Brian (2000)|
|Bodine, Alfred V. (1962)*||McKenna, Quentin C. (1983)|
|Brainard, Wallace E. (1961)||Nagae, Akimitsu, PhD (2012)|
|Caserio, Martin J. (1977)||Patterson, Charles H. (1964)|
|Chambers, Thomas V. (1993)||Polk, Louis F. (1957)|
|Corvi, Carolyn (2006)||Robson, Ross (2008)|
|Dahotre, Narendra B., PhD, FSME (2018)||Sekimoto, Tadahiro (1994)|
|Danly, James C. (1980)||Shanahan, Patrick, FSME (2016)|
|Dauch, Richard E. (1987)*||Sharpe Jr., Henry D. (1976)|
|Davis, Willard J. (1958)*||Stevens, Anne (2002)|
|Decker Jr., Alonzo G. (1974)||Stoll, George E. (1967)|
|Ekberg, Gregg (2001)||Tohmine, Ritsu (1978)|
|Fee, Gordon G. (1986)||Truxell , Robert W. (1979)|
|Fiorelli, Armando (1981)*||Veraldi, Lewis C. (1988)*|
|Gao, Robert X. (2019)||Walker, Earl E. (1991)|
|Gay, Roger B. (1965)||Whistler, L.V. Sr. (1971)|
|Gleason, James S. (1999)||Whitaker, U.A. (1970)|
|Hallowell Jr., H.T. (1963)||Willey, G.T. (1966)|
|Hanaki, Yoshimaro (2017)|