The newly re-branded and updated “Aubin AM Case Study Award” looks to recognize innovations in application of AM technologies. The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding use cases of AM adoption and implementation and to provide inspiration to others in their journey of AM application.
Aubin Award New Requirements and Submission Format
- Graphical abstract:
- A single image (min 300 dpi) representative of your innovation/showcase/solution (innovations in application of AM technologies). This visual may be used for marketing purposes.
- Technical Brief: The purpose of the technical brief is to communicate the details of the innovation / case study to both the panel of judges and to those in the community seeking additional information on the innovation. The technical brief should contain less than 3 pages of text (single-spaced, 12-point font); figures, tables and references do not count in this page count limit. Submissions should be focused on the technical analysis of the innovation and free of marketing content (*).The panel of judges will evaluate the submitted technical briefs based on the level of technical detail, quality of analysis of the innovation, and its perceived usefulness to the broader AM community.
- Representative title.
- List of contributors to the innovation/showcase/solution (innovations in application of AM technologies) and their affiliation.
- Problem definition or need statement – why is your solution needed and disruptive? Describe the challenge your team was facing and/or the design/market opportunity. Explain why it was an important problem to solve and its potential for disruption.
- Background perspectives – how does your solution compare to the state of the art? Describe the current approach / existing alternative solutions to this problem, describe how your innovation differs from this state of the art.
- Technical overview – Provide details into methodologies and results, deployment and performance analyses, or implementation methodologies and outcomes. Whether its analysis of performance and/or of cost, the submission will needs to have an assessment demonstrating the quality of the solution.
- Reflections - impact, importance, relevance, and/or benefits to your team’s approach
Invited Technical Presentation (Finalists):
The finalists will be selected from the submissions (graphical abstracts and technical briefs) to present their work at RAPID as Invited Technical Presentations (may be virtual in 2021).
The presentations will allow the applicant to present the content of their technical brief to conference attendees in a special session of the RAPID+TCT conference. A panel of judges will be present and evaluate the presentations to determine the winner of the award. The technical presentations should have the same breakdown of content as the technical brief and should span no more than 15 minutes.
Deadline submission by 11:59 PM on August 1st.