The SME Frederick W. Taylor Research Medal is part of the International Honor Awards, and honors significant published research leading to a better understanding of materials, facilities, principles, operations and their application to improve manufacturing processes.
Nomination Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominations can be submitted for both U.S. and international citizens.
- SME membership is the only requirement for the Joseph A. Siegel Service Award.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the field of manufacturing.
To submit an International Honor Award nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS WORD)
- Verify that the nominee meets all of the outlined eligibility requirements.
- Include three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead; one letter should be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit, as thoroughly as possible, supporting information (publications, innovations, patents) on the nomination form.
Send completed nomination form(s) and recommendation letters no later than Aug. 1 of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910, Southfield, MI 48075
Fax: 313.425.3406 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Award Winner
Albert Shih, PhD, FSME
SME Frederick W. Taylor Research Medal Recipients (1957 to present)
|Altan, Taylan, PhD, FSME (2006)||Male, Alan T., PhD, FSME, PE (1989)|
|Bollinger, John G., PhD, FSME, PE (1978)||McKeown, Patrick A., PhD, FSME (1982)|
|Brinksmeier, Ekkard, Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil., FSME (2011)||Merchant, M. Eugene, ScD, FSME, CMfgE, PE (1968)*|
|Bryan, James B. (1977)||Moriwaki, Toshimichi, D.Sc. (2008)|
|Byrne, Gerald, Dr.-Ing., FSME (2010)||Mote Jr., C. Daniel, PhD (1991)|
|Cao, Jian, PhD, FSME (2016)||Okamura, Kenjiro, PhD (1971)*|
|Chryssolouris, George M., PhD (2001)||Peklenik, Janez, PhD (1981)|
|Dornfeld, David A., PhD, FSME (2004)*||Peters, Father Jacques (1975)|
|Duffie, Neil A., PhD, FSME, CMfgE (2012)||Ramalingam, Subbiah, PhD (1988)|
|Ernst, Hans (1957)*||Reason, Richard E. (1969)|
|Faust, Charles L., PhD (1966)||Schwinghammer, Robert J. (1965)|
|Gilbert, William W. (1961)*||Shih, Albert, PhD, FSME (2018)|
|Hahn, Robert S., PhD (1967)||Shin, Yung, PhD, FSME (2015)|
|Hocken, Robert J., PhD (1985)||Slocum, Alex (1997)|
|Inasaki, Ichiro, PhD, Dr.-Ing., FSME (2005)||Suh, Nam P., PhD (1986)|
|Industrial Diamond Group (1962)||Thomsen, Erich G. (1980)|
|Ingersoll, Roy C. (1963)*||Tobias, Stephen A., PhD (1984)*|
|Iwata, Kazuaki, PhD (1990)||Tonshoff, H.K., Dr.-Ing., Dr.-Ing. E.h. mult, Dr.h.c. (1994)|
|Johnson, William B. (1964)*||Trigger, Kenneth J. (1959)*|
|Kahles, John F., PhD (1973)*||Ueda, Kanji, PhD (2013)*|
|Kals, Hubert J.J., PhD (1998)||Van Brussel, Hendrik (2002)|
|Konig, Wilfried (1992)*||Von Turkovich, Branimir, PhD, FSME, PE (1976)*|
|Kovacevic, Radovan, PhD (2000)||Wang, Kuo-King, PhD (1987)|
|Kronenberg, Max (1958)*||Weck, Manfred, Dr.-Ing. (2007)|
|Kunzmann, Horst, Dr.-Ing. (1996)||Wertheim, Rafael, Dr.-Ing. (2003)|
|Lenz, Ehud, PhD (1979)||Wiener, Norbert (1960)*|
|Loewen, Erwin G. (1983)||Yamazaki, Kazuo, PhD, FSME (2009)|
|Lucca, Don, PhD, FSME (2014)||Ziegert, John C., PhD, FSME (2017)|