The SME Education Award is part of the International Honor Awards, and honors the educator most respected for the development of manufacturing-related curricula, fostering sound training methods or inspiring students to enter the profession of manufacturing.
Nomination Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominations can be submitted for both U.S. and international citizens.
- SME membership is the only requirement for the Joseph A. Siegel Service Award.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the field of manufacturing.
To submit an International Honor Award nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS WORD)
- Verify that the nominee meets all of the outlined eligibility requirements.
- Include three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead; one letter should be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit, as thoroughly as possible, supporting information (publications, innovations, patents) on the nomination form.
Send completed nomination form(s) and recommendation letters no later than Aug. 1 of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910, Southfield, MI 48075
Fax: 313.425.3406 | Email: email@example.com
Recent Award Winner
Kornel F. Ehmann
SME Education Award Recipients (1957 to present)
|Allen, Dell K., PhD (1975)||Kurfess, Thomas, R., PhD, FSME, CMfgT, PE (2010)|
|Alting, Leo, PhD (1988)||Larson, John (1999)|
|Begeman, Myron L. (1962)||Lascoe, Orville D. (1963)*|
|Bjorke, Oyvind (1976)||Levi, Raffaelo (1992)|
|Black, J T., PhD, FSME, PE (2004)||Matthias, Eugene A. (1984)*|
|Boothroyd, Geoffrey, PhD, FSME (1979)||Meier Jr., Wilbur L., PhD, FSME (2000)|
|Cook, Nathan H. (1977)*||Mott, Charles S. (1960)|
|Cotterell, Matthew (2002)||Mott, Robert L., LSME, PE (2012)|
|Devor, Richard E., PhD, FSME (1993)||National Technological University (1994)|
|Devries, Marvin F., PhD, FSME, PE (1998)||Okushima, Keiji (1978)*|
|Dieter, George E., PhD (1987)||Olling, Gustav J., PhD, FSME (1985)|
|Doyle, Lawrence E. (1961)*||Payne, Albert V. (1964)|
|Ebner, Merrill L., PhD (1981)||Preator, Frederick (1957)|
|Ehmann, Kornel F., PhD, FSME (2018)||Project Lead The Way® (2007)|
|Ellingson, Mark, PhD (1959)||Robinson, Charlie (1999)|
|Erevelles, Winston, PhD (2008)||Rodes, Harold P., PhD (1967)|
|Farley, Martyn (1983)||Shaw, Milton C. (1980)*|
|Ferreira, Placid M., PhD, FSME (2016)||Shunk, Dan L., PhD (1996)|
|Geer, Roger L., PhD (1970)||Smith, K. Scott, PhD, FSME (2011)|
|General Motors Technical Center (1991)||Stratton, Mark (2013)|
|Groover, Mikell P., PhD (2001)||Sutherland, John W., PhD, FSME (2009)|
|Habingreither, Robert B., Ed.D., CMfgE (2017)||Technical University Of Aachen (1982)|
|Ham, Inyong (1986)*||Thompson, Arthur T. (1968)|
|Hollingsworth, J. Everett (1958)||Utah State University (1965)|
|Hopp, Wallace J., PhD (2006)||White, John A., PhD (1990)|
|Josaitis, Eleanor (2003)*||Wilkie, Leighton A. (1966)*|
|Kalpakjian, Serope (1989)||Worthley, Warren W., PhD, FSME, CMfgE, PE (1997)|
|Kannatey-Asibu Jr., Elijah, PhD, FSME (2015)||Wu, Shien-Ming, PhD, FSME (1974)*|
|Kapoor, Shiv G., PhD, FSME (2005)||Yoshikawa, Hiroyuki, Dr.-Ing. (1995)|
|Keating, Arthur E., PhD (1969)*|