The SME Albert M. Sargent Progress Award is part of the International Honor Awards, and recognizes significant accomplishments in the field of manufacturing processes, methods or systems.
Nomination Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominations can be submitted for both U.S. and international citizens.
- SME membership is the only requirement for the Joseph A. Siegel Service Award.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the field of manufacturing.
To submit an International Honor Award nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS WORD)
- Verify that the nominee meets all of the outlined eligibility requirements.
- Include three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead; one letter should be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit, as thoroughly as possible, supporting information (publications, innovations, patents) on the nomination form.
Send completed nomination form(s) and recommendation letters no later than Aug. 1 of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910, Southfield, MI 48075
Fax: 313.425.3406 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Award Winner
Jacob "Jack" Jeswiet, PhD, FSME, PE
SME Albert M. Sargent Progress Award Recipients (1955 to present)
|Altintas, Yusuf, PhD, FSME (2012)||Ovane, Francisco (2003)|
|Beaman, Joseph J., SCd (2016)||Kerr, William A. (1992)|
|Bourell, David L., PhD (2017)||Kindelberger, James H. (1956)|
|Brandt, William E. (1974)||Knudsen, Semon E. (1970)|
|Braun, Alfred (1971)||Komanduri, Ranga, PhD, FSME (2004)|
|Breech, Ernest R. (1955)||Kruth, Jean-Pierre, PhD, FSME (2014)|
|Brown, Robert H. (1982)||Lapwing, Leo J. (1981)|
|Colbert, Lester L. (1958)||Letourneau, Robert G. (1961)|
|Conrad, John R. (1972)||Lindsay, Richard P., PhD (1987)|
|Cordiner, Ralph J. (1960)||Love, George (1967)|
|Cruze, Deane D. (1993)||Manoogian, John A. (1991)|
|Daley Jr., R.L. “Frank” (1977)||Mccurtry, David (1986)|
|Davis, Michael W. (1985)||Morley, Richard E., FSME (1994)*|
|Delp, George C. (1964)||Naumann, William L. (1973)|
|Devries, Warren R., PhD, FSME (2006)||Nussey, Ian D., PhD (1988)|
|Dykstra, John (1962)||O’sullivan, Seamus O’sullivan (1999)|
|Engelberger, Joseph F. (1979)*||Oxford Jr., Carl J. (1978)|
|Estler, W. Tyler, PhD (2011)||Price, Gwilym A. (1963)|
|Fang, Fengzhou, PhD, FSME (2015)||Romney, George (1959)|
|Flinchbaugh, David, PhD, FSME (2002)||Ruud, Ralph H. (1968)|
|Gillespie, Laroux K., FSME, CMfgE, PE (1984)||Shpitalni, Moshe, DSc, FSME (2013)|
|Goodman, J.E. (1966)||Suri, Rajan, PhD, FSME (2005)|
|Grear, Robert D. (1995)||Taguchi, Genichi, PhD (1998)|
|Haas, Gene (2000)||Ulsoy, A. Galip, PhD, FSME (2007)|
|Ham, Inyong, PhD (1990)||Vickers, Harry F. (1957)|
|Hill, Fred L.L. (1965)||Warnecke, Hans J., Dr.-Ing., FSME (1983)|
|Hull, Charles (1997)||Welch, Albert F. (1975)|
|Humenik Jr., Michael (1980)||Wilson, Richard K., PhD (1969)|
|Iacoe, William F. (1989)||Wilson, Robert C. (1976)|
|Jeswiet, Jacob, PhD, FSME, PE (2018)||Zimmerman, Myron (2001)|