Value is increased in a product or service by effecting either required function or inherent cost according to redefined formulae. This course uses participant knowledge and expertise in a cross-functional team setting to increase value-perception in current or future products. Participants will learn how to meet client requirements for comprehensive VA/VE analysis while applying the continuous improvement generated by a robust VA/VE technique.
This course is recommended for cost estimators, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality, sales and marketing personnel.
- Enhance part or office service function
- Improve team interaction by working on different projects in a team format
- Develop an internal VA/VE action plan to implement upon return to facility
- Comply with client requirements or supersede their requirements
- What is VA/VE?
- VA/VE Timing in Production Process
- Why VA/VE
- VA/VE General Methods and Practices
- Getting started on VA/VE Projects
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Function Determination and Ranking
- Cost Distribution Among Functions
- Brainstorming Possible Revisions
- Re-Evaluate Step-by-Step Instructions
- Ranking and Selection of Brainstormed Ideas
- Analysis and Cost Implications of Selected Ideas
- Step-by-Step Instruction
- Final Proposal Selection Based on Overall Value Increase
- Proposal Generation for Management Review
- Development of Action Plans for the Next Steps to Implement Proposals
- Where to Go from Here