Lean concepts have been adopted by many successful manufacturing companies as a way to reduce costs, satisfy customers, and increase profitability. The process of "becoming lean" may mean a company-wide transformation from current operating style. This course offers a methodology for linking the goals and metrics of a project or initiative to a company's strategic goals and metrics and provides the basis for tracking the effectiveness of lean initiatives.
Designed for executives, senior staff responsible for initiating and executing significant change projects within their companies, production managers, plant managers, and manufacturing engineers
- Become familiar with a technique for establishing and monitoring the value of lean manufacturing initiatives
- Identify lean manufacturing opportunities within the company
- Establish goals and metrics for a lean manufacturing company
- Characterize lean manufacturing initiatives within operational strategies
- Establish goals and metrics for specific lean manufacturing projects
- Prioritize lean manufacturing investments