The ability to perform rapid, accurate, and consistent manufacturing cost estimating and quoting can be a significant competitive weapon. In this course, you will learn how to drastically reduce lead-times (by 80% or more) in responding to requests-for-quotation by employing quick response estimating methodologies and office processes. Manufacturing cost estimating for both modified-standard products and custom-made products (ranging from single components to large equipment) will be addressed. Examples relating to manufacturing processes such as machining, sheet metal fabrication, tube bending, welding, sand castings, die castings, wood working, and mechanical assembly will be discussed.
Cost estimators, manufacturing engineers, sales and purchasing personnel involved in cost estimating, quoting, outsourcing, etc., and senior executives and managers.
- Discover new paradigms for rapid, accurate and consistent cost estimating and quoting
- Develop feature-based (group technology) cost estimating models for modified-standard products
- Apply operation-level parametric cost estimation methodology for custom-made products
- Perform "activity driver" based estimating of time/effort for non-manufacturing activities such as CAD drafting, engineering, software development, and more
- Study the pitfalls and myths of traditional cost estimating and quoting practices
- Reorganize office processes for lead-time reduction
- Learn steps for successfully implementing quick response cost estimating, quoting and order processing