This program provides a basic overview of the precision grinding and abrasive machining process with an in-depth look at techniques and practices that are sure to enhance your abrasive operation. You will be shown several processes that could dramatically improve product quality and productivity.
Based on SME's successful Modern Grinding Technology Workshop presented since 1988, this certificate program probes deeper into the technology of grinding to enable you to confidently use and troubleshoot virtually any grinding process in today's modern age.
This program is especially applicable to persons who are:
- operating or are familiar with grinding machines
- currently using or working with abrasives
- machining next generation materials (composites, ceramics)
- currently milling or broaching
- thinking of purchasing a milling, broaching, or grinding machine
- looking to build on a working knowledge of basic grinding technology
- various abrasives work and their effect on workpiece surface integrity
- to select the correct abrasives for your specific grinding applications
- to properly and consistently true and dress any grinding wheel
- grinding can now displace milling, broaching, and some turning applications
- you can economically machine next-generation materials, such as ceramics, where abrasives are a must
- a thorough understanding of grinding machine design, including CNC, will allow you to identify both positive and negative aspects of existing machine tools and what to look for when purchasing new grinding equipment