What is #MFGis?
SME’s #MFGis campaign was developed to drive awareness of the manufacturing industry and dispel myths.
What is the goal of #MFGis?
To tell the stories from the perspective of manufacturing professionals, students, educators, educational institutions and companies. To highlight innovation, to dispel stereotypes and to showcase the exciting career opportunities that are available.
Why is SME doing this?
SME, in support of manufacturing, strives to advance the industry and educate the current and future generation workforce. SME supports the industry with resources, membership, training, content and financial support.
We know how we support manufacturing through its members, customers and students, but what does manufacturing mean to YOU?
How are the participants selected?
The story must be an original – told by the storyteller or the company with full rights to the content. When making statements about manufacturing, there must be facts or details to support the story, not general observations. SME’s judging criteria includes:
- Engaging or interesting.
- Impact: does this story have an impact on a person’s life, a company’s success or impact a local community? Is there a story to tell?
What happens if my submission is selected?
The SME team will email you and provide details for next steps. The review process takes approximately six weeks.
What if my submission is not selected? Will you let me know?
Yes, and SME will try its best to make suggestions on how your story could be expanded on for reconsideration for this campaign.
Can my company submit a story?
Is there a deadline to submit a story?
What if I’m not actively in manufacturing – can I still participate?
If you have a story to tell, please share.
Is there an age minimum?
If the storyteller is under the age of 18, please include a parent or guardian’s email address. SME will require signed parental permission in all follow-up communications.
What if I have an idea for a topic that isn’t listed?
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there “rules” for #MFGis?
Entries may not contain, as determined by SME in its sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
- Is inappropriate, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic.
- Promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons or a particular political agenda.
- Is obscene or offensive.
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies.
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which SME wishes to associate; and/or violates any law.
- Submissions that are solely promotional or commercial for a company, product, service, website or agenda.
- Please observe all copyright, trademark and intellectual property rights of third parties; do not incorporate material (e.g., music, images) that you do not have permission to use.
- Check your business and site-specific recording policies before submitting a story. If you feature anyone other than yourself in your submission, please obtain his/her permission.
What about privacy rules?
By submitting your story, you agree that certain personal information and multimedia attachments will be collected as part of your submission (including first and last name, email, photos, etc.). Any information collected will only be used for the campaign, and any posted content will be visible to the general public.