Guidelines & Restrictions
To help you prepare for the examination, authorized facilitators have been trained by SME, AME, the Shingo Prize and ASQ to deliver a Lean Bronze Certification Review Program. If you or your organization is interested in holding a review course, please review this information. These guidelines and restrictions are intended for chapters, regions and other groups interested in holding this review program.
- ALL review program dates must be approved by SME.
- Events should be scheduled no less than 16 weeks from the time approval is requested.
- Contact SME Certification at email@example.com or 313.425.3000 to schedule the review program and set the exam date.
- Program MUST be two days in duration.
- No less than 13 hours is to be scheduled between two consecutive days.
- Host and/or facilitator MUST offer to proctor the exam.
- Exam MUST be offered on the day immediately following the review program.
- Host and/or facilitator MUST indicate to SME if the testing date is closed (only for review program attendees) or open (available to anyone in the market).
- Host is responsible for collecting all Lean Certification applications and fees, and sending to SME no less than 2 weeks in advance of the review program start date (See Group Exam Guidelines).
- Host is responsible for providing to SME within two weeks after the conclusion of the program a full attendee roster including contact information.
- SME maintains a list of authorized facilitators (See Authorized Facilitators).
- Host MUST use an authorized facilitator from the list and is responsible for establishing a contract with the facilitator.
- Authorized facilitators have access to the most current program materials.
- Host MUST work with the facilitator to obtain the most current program materials in electronic form.
- Facilitator will provide the host with electronic versions of all program materials so that the host can prepare copies for the program attendees.
Templates are available for use in promoting the Lean Bronze Certification Review Program. With these resources, our goal is to create brand consistency, while allowing chapters and other entities some flexibility in promoting the review program.