Why earn your Certification? Here are the top reasons.
- Upgrade Your Knowledge – The educational requirements of certification are one more reason to continuously maintain and upgrade your knowledge.
- Leadership Recognition – Your certification shows employers you are a leader in your field. Let them know about your achievement.
- A Sense of Achievement – Enhancing your self-confidence and helping you excel at your job.
- An Elite Group – Individuals holding certifications form an elite group of professionals who have demonstrated their manufacturing knowledge.
- Portable, Career Credential – When you change jobs, your certification credentials travel with you. They look good on your resume and show you are serious about your career.
- Validate your Lean experience – Align to the Lean knowledge and competency standard, develop career milestones and share Lean knowledge through mentoring others.
How Do I Get Certified?
* Full-time students who have completed two years of education in a manufacturing-related curriculum may apply to take the CMfgT exam. **A CMfgT may take the CMfgE after seven years of work experience and/or education.
Interested in Adding Outcome Assessments to Your Class Curriculum?
By adding SME's Outcome Assessments to your program, you'll have an externally validated measure of student achievement, plus unbiased feedback on the knowledge transfer that occurred within your academic program.
SME offers Outcome Assessments for:
Video Testimonials on Certification
Listen to a few of our past certification holders as they talk about their achievements and the impact of certification in their professional development. Watch and see how continuous learning leads to continuous improvement of skills and abilities!