SME is your professional development resource. Our programs are industry-recognized and supported and validate your knowledge and experience. Earning an SME Certification credential shows employers that you are committed to your chosen field, have learned the skills necessary to excel in that field, and have the experience deliver on business objectives. Individuals holding certifications form an elite group of professionals who have demonstrated their manufacturing knowledge. If you change jobs, your certification credentials travel with you. They are impressive on your resume and show you are serious about your career.
Over the past 40 years, SME has certified thousands of individuals from 30 countries. Learn more about the programs we offer and how we can help you achieve your career goals.
Other Partner Programs
SME partners with other leading organizations to offer additional certification options.
Engineering Manager Professional Certification
Earn your Associate Engineering Manager (AEM) or Professional Engineering Manager (PEM) certification through the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM).
Six Sigma Certification
Developed and delivered by award winning Arizona State University (ASU) IE faculty members; Dr. Doug Montgomery, Dr. George Runger, Dr. Dan Shunk, and Dr. John Fowler, as well as experts from industry.
Certification Benefits for Individuals
- Develop career planning milestones
- Gain a portable, career credential
- Share and gain knowledge through mentoring others (Lean Certification)
- Align to knowledge and competency standards
- Attain abilities recognized across the industry
- Develop a portfolio of your experience (Lean Certification)
- Demonstrate an investment in yourself – certification requires continued education which helps keep your knowledge current
How Can Certification Help You? (Video)
Listen to some of our certified professionals as they talk about their achievements and the impact of certification in their professional development. Watch and see how continuous learning leads to continuous improvement of skills and abilities!