Display: June 3 – June 5
Interactive Session: June 4 • 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
What is a Poster Session?
In a poster session, event attendees view poster displays of projects or research in member activities and manufacturing. At the 2012 SME Annual Conference, the posters will be displayed in the West Foyer and will be open to all event participants. The posters will be displayed from Sunday, June 3 through noon on Tuesday, June 5. For event attendees, it is additional information of interest that might not fit into one of the conference sessions. For poster participants, it provides an opportunity to share and highlight your experience and ideas as well as network with industry professionals.
Get Involved, Become a Poster Presenter
Share your ideas or successes by submitting your chapter, community, or technical group’s activity idea OR manufacturing technology, process or research project to present your poster at 2012 SME Annual Conference. Engage in peer-to-peer networking through this valuable experience. Participants will examine and learn from your experience.
Poster participation may be applied toward your continuing education and training requirements for SME Certification programs. Visit the recertification requirements to determine how many credits for which you may qualify.
To be eligible for participation, poster abstracts must be submitted and approved by the conference advisors for presentation. Submitted posters for member activities will be included in the membership community tool kit.
FORM SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 21, 2012
POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 20, 20112
- Chapter Activity, Process, Practice, or Event
- Technical Community Activity, Process, Practice, or Event
- Manufacturing Technology or Process
- Manufacturing Research Project
* topics are not limited to those above.
All posters will be reviewed by the conference advisors before the program and selected for inclusion if submissions are greater than available space. To be eligible for participation, poster abstracts must be submitted and approved by the conference advisors for presentation.
Benefits of a Poster Session
- Increased time for intensive discussion of projects, ideas and research
- An opportunity for questions or comments relating to clarification or expansion of points made or techniques adopted
- An opportunity for informal contact with viewers
- An opportunity for mutually beneficial interaction between the presenter and the audience
- A convenient means of establishing personal contacts and collaboration
- Establish a good professional reputation
- Establish a reputation as a skilled presenter, with possible invitations to participate in future meetings
NOTE: All poster session participants will be responsible for producing their own poster. Display materials will be provided for posting of the posters.
What Will You Do During the Interactive Session?
- Stand next to your poster
- Answer questions that people ask about your research project. Viewers will ask a variety of technical and non-technical questions. Be prepared to speak to persons who will have little knowledge of your project and to those who may be well versed in your subject matter.
Who will attend the Poster Session?
SME volunteer leaders, SME members and prospective SME members will attend the poster session. This includes the top professionals, researchers and best thinkers in the global manufacturing community