Since 1958, this award has been bestowed on outstanding SME members who, in the judgment of the International Awards & Recognition Committee, have made valued, balanced contributions to SME's professional activities and growth.
- Be a member in good standing.
- Have had a minimum of (6) years of membership service in SME to be eligible for consideration.
- Not be currently serving, elected or appointed to serve in the following SME roles: International Officers and Directors, or chair and/or member of the International Awards & Recognition Committee.
Only one nomination can be submitted from an SME chapter or Technical Community per calendar year and should clearly indicate that the nomination has the approval of the group involved.
To submit an Award of Merit nomination:
- Download the nomination form (MS Word).
- Include two letters of recommendation per nomination, preferably on letterhead; one letter can be submitted by the nominator, which briefly highlights the accomplishments of the nominee. Note: Self-nominations and/or submissions will not be accepted.
- Chapters and SME Member Council members are encouraged to nominate student chapter faculty sponsors and student chapter advisors who have demonstrated exceptional service.
Please submit all nominations no later than August 1
of each year to:
SME International Awards & Recognition Committee
c/o Executive Offices
One SME Drive | PO Box 930 | Dearborn, MI 48121
Fax: 313.425-3406 | Email: email@example.com