Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award
The paper selected for the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award, which is awarded by SME's Additive Manufacturing Community and sponsored by the Rochester Institute of Technology, will describe an innovative application of additive manufacturing processes and techniques. The authors will be recognized for their contribution of ideas and information to the 3D printing and additive manufacturing industry.
Thank you to the 2018 Aubin Award sponsor!
The Advisory Committee of SME's Additive Manufacturing Community reviews each paper submitted to SME's annual RAPID + TCT event.
The technical papers are judged and scored on the following criteria:
- Subject of paper must have a significant impact on additive manufacturing/3D printing.
- Ideas presented must have practical value beyond pure research.
- Approach must be innovative and original; paper must reference any other related work.
- Ideas must be presented in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Technology must have high potential for implementation in the near term.
- Paper must be free of commercialism, i.e., does not promote a particular product or company.
A review committee comprised of members of an Additive Manufacturing Advisory Committee will determine the award winner. Only papers accepted for presentation at SME's RAPID Conference & Exposition, with a completed/signed reprint form, will be considered for the award. PowerPoint presentations are not eligible.
The Dick Aubin Award consists of:
- A monetary award of $1,000.
- A personalized recognition award to principal author of winning paper presented at SME's RAPID + TCT event.
- Paper certificates to coauthors of winning paper.
- Recognition letter to employer of principal author.
- Recognition letter to newspaper/technical publication designated by principal author.
- Press release announcing award recipient.
- Award summary article posted on various Additive Manufacturing Community's web pages (with photo of winner).
- Paper disseminated through SME's tech paper database.
About the Award
The award is in honor of Richard F. Aubin (1948-97), a founding member of the former Rapid Prototyping Association of SME (RPA/SME) Advisory Board and member of the editorial review board for the "Rapid Prototyping Journal." Aubin was a pioneer in the international intelligent manufacturing systems (IMS) effort with his work in the rapid product development feasibility study. He leaves an internationally acclaimed reputation for his knowledge and leadership in these advanced manufacturing technologies. At the time of his death, he was manager of rapid manufacturing, United Technologies Research Center.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Note: The Additive Manufacturing Community may withdraw the award if sufficient entries have not been received.