Manufacturing Engineering honors up-and-comers in special issue
DEARBORN, MI – July 8, 2013 Manufacturing Engineering Media is proud to announce its inaugural “30 Under 30” listing of the brightest young stars in manufacturing and the critical STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields that underpin our industry.
A summary of the winners is included in the July issue of Manufacturing Engineering magazine, which is dedicated to the workforce development challenges facing manufacturing. The special issue also features articles on the progress being made to address the nation’s skilled workforce shortage and special efforts underway to recruit women into manufacturing careers. Manufacturing Engineering Media is the publication arm of SME, which is dedicated to advancing manufacturing and attracting the next generation.
“This year’s 30 Under 30 honorees are an amazing group of hardworking, innovative thinkers,” said Manufacturing Engineering Editor Sarah A. Webster. “Modern culture doesn't do enough to celebrate success in the STEM fields, let alone manufacturing. Yet these are the fields that enable us to eat, live, heal, entertain and protect ourselves. Without competence and leadership in these areas, our country is in trouble. Manufacturing Engineering and SME celebrates these young people for pursuing the road less traveled.”
The 30 young people chosen for this honor include:
- Catherine Ross, 30, National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS), Fairfax, VA
- Kevin James Shaw, 15, student, Freeland, MI
- Meghan West, 29, Mastercam/CNC Software, Tolland, CT
- Christina Borgese, 30, PreProcess, Inc., San Ramon, CA
- Alexandria Moseley, 23, Graduate, Oregon State University, Newberg, OR
- Sri Atluru, 28, Sandvik Machining Solutions, Mebane, NC
- Allen Henri, 28, Westminster Tool Inc., Plainfield, CT
- Ananya Rajagopal, 14, student, Dublin, OH
- Chad Frank, 29, Hydromat Inc., Marine, IL
- Raymond Manning, 29, Boeing Satellite Systems, Playa del Rey, CA
- Jasone Dube, 29, Siemens Industry Inc., Troy, MI
- Catherine Tradd, 30, Solar Turbines, San Diego, CA
- Aubrey Kelley-Cogdell, 24, Sandvik Coromant, Fair Lawn, NJ
- Kimberly Jung, 18, student, Holland, MI
- Jandre TerreBlanche, 26, SigmaTEK Systems LLC, Cincinnati, OH
- Bret Weber, 29, Greater Machining & Manufacturing Co., Independence, IA
- Lauren Welch, 27, Dow Chemical Co., Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Afton Hollertz, 28, Allmand Bros., Inc., Holdrege, NE
- Amanda Nixon, 21, student, Flint, MI
- Cody Leuck, 23, student, Chico, CA
- John Giraldo, 25, Sandvik Coromant, Fair Lawn, NJ
- Daniil Popov, 20, student, Vancouver, WA
- Ronald Olkowski III, 21, student, Big Rapids, MI
- Lotheronie Raby, 28, Dow Chemical Co., Houston, TX
- Kyle Rhodes, 28, Dow Chemical Co., Seadrift, TX
- Ryan Stephenson, 24, Northwire Inc., Osceola, WI
- Ryan Boehm, 25, Omax Corp., Kent, WA
- Anabel Ugalde-Huebe, 25, Dow Chemical Co., Seadrift, TX
- Jesse Paschall, 20, student, Allendale, MI
- Brandon Killian, 17, student, Santee, CA
Download detailed information about the 30 Under 30 program and its honorees at sme.org/30honorees.
Manufacturing Engineering Media, a subsidiary of SME, is the premier source for news and in-depth technical information about manufacturing in North America. Manufacturing Engineering provides content through a variety of platforms, including a printed monthly magazine, which is also available digitally online and through mobile apps, as well as annual industry yearbooks, eNewsletters, custom publications, webinars, social media and a Web site, MfgEngMedia.com. Key coverage areas include aerospace and defense, motorized vehicles, energy and medical manufacturing. From metalworking to 3D printing, we know how to make it.
SME advances manufacturing and attracts future generations through its strategic areas of events, publishing, membership, training & development and the SME Education Foundation. A 501(c)3 organization, SME has been gathering, validating and sharing manufacturing knowledge for more than 80 years. SME is “Making the future. Together.SM”
If you have questions about the press release or need additional information, please contact SME Public Relations at email@example.com.