These high-performing chapters were recognized by the Chapter Enhancement Committee for their successes.
DEARBORN, Mich., May 17, 2011 — In February, it was announced by the Chapter Enhancement Committee of the SME Member Council would issue four new awards to high-performing chapters that met the four categories for success, as identified by the committee:
- Professional development, which includes not simply the number and quality of meetings held by the chapter, but how leaders are developed to continue the work of the chapter.
- Communication to members and the community through passive (up-to-date website or social media page) and active means (e-mail blasts, bulletins, phone calls).
- Advancement of manufacturing, including interaction with other chapters and community outreach.
- Merit, such as submitting a best practice and net membership numbers.
The four awards to be given out are:
- Platinum Award — All four categories are met.
- Gold Award — Three categories are met.
- Silver Award — Two categories are met.
- Bronze Award — One category is met.
The Chapter Enhancement Committee is therefore happy to announce that the following chapters are being recognized for their efforts:
C004 — Milwaukee – Professional Development
C005 — Chicago – Communications
C024 — Elmira, N.Y. – Professional Development
C045 — Fond Du Lac, Wis. – Professional Development
C098 — Silicon Valley, Calif. – Professional Development
C105 — Memphis, Tenn. – Communications
C124 — Monadnock, N.H. – Advancement of Manufacturing
C139 — Ozark, Mo. – Professional Development
C159 — Florida Suncoast, Fla. – Professional Development
C198 — Downriver Detroit – Communications
C001 — Detroit – Communications & Exceptional Merit
C026 — Toronto – Professional Development & Communications
C039 — Seattle – Professional Development & Communications
C052 — Wichita, Kan. – Professional Development & Communications
No winners at this time.
No winners at this time.
Recognition for these chapters will consist of an emblem for chapter websites, certificate and a press release to the local media covering the chapter area. Chapters receiving awards will also have their designation indicated on the SME website.
How winners were chosen
The annual Chapter Planning and Effectiveness Guide (CPAG) was deemed the most logical means to judge success of the chapters. To ensure your chapter won't be left out in the future, use the CPAG and SME's Plan 2012 to help plan for your chapter's success.
If you have questions about the press release or need additional information, please contact SME Public Relations at email@example.com.