Expo, Conference Scheduled for May 18-20 in Anaheim, Calif.
DEARBORN, Mich. April 30, 2010 — Top executives from companies pioneering the use of additive manufacturing and 3D imaging in the aerospace and defense, automotive, entertainment, games, medical and sports and recreation industries will demonstrate innovations and a vision for the future of manufacturing at RAPID 2010 and 3D IMAGING Conference & Exposition, Tuesday, May 18 – Thursday, May 20 at the Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim, Calif.
Attendees interested in discovering how these revolutionizing technologies can help cut costs, get products to market faster, bring videogame characters to life or even how to create works of art can hear from more than 50 speakers and visit more than 75 exhibitors at this event. Of particular note, are the following keynote presentations:
Tuesday, May 18, 8 a.m.:
- "Rapid Reality – Bringing Videogame Characters to Life" – Ed Fries and Dan Iosch, co-founders of 3D printing company FigurePrints®, will show how 3D scanning is used to create video game character action figures. Fries, a former Microsoft vice president, led development of both Word and Excel before creating Microsoft's Xbox video game group. Iosch, an executive, has years of printing and graphics experience.
Wednesday, May 19, 8 a.m.:
- "Founders of the Technologies" – Leaders from a variety of industries that have used additive manufacturing to drive new manufacturing techniques in medical, wind energy and electronics, will reveal influences, examine innovations and share visions for future development. Speakers include:
- Wilfried Vancraen, founder and managing director of Materialise, a company on the forefront of medical image based biomechanical engineering
- Dr. Hans J. Langer, a pioneer of commercial laser-sintering and CEO, EOS
- C. Martin Schuster, president, CEO and founder of Laser Design, the leading supplier of 3D laser scanners
- Dr. Dawn White co-founder and CEO of Accio Energy, an innovative wind energy system with no moving parts
Thursday, May 20: 8 a.m.:
- "The Future State of Additive Manufacturing" – Terry Wohlers, an industry consultant and analyst, will provide an overview of his "Wohlers Report: State of the Industry", that predicts new uses for the technology in a variety of industries.
The RAPID 2010 and 3D IMAGING Conference and Expositioni is produced by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME).
Follow this event on Social Media:
Twitter: @Rapid_Event or with official hash tag: #RAPID2010.
Like our Facebook page.
RSVP on LinkedIn Events.
Founded in 1932, the Society of Manufacturing Engineers is the premier source for manufacturing knowledge, education and networking. Through its many programs, events and activities, SME connects manufacturing practitioners to each other, to the latest technology and the most up-to-date processes spanning all manufacturing industries and disciplines, plus the key areas of aerospace and defense, medical device, motor vehicles, including motorsports, oil and gas and alternative energy. A 501(c)3 organization, SME has members around the world and is supported by a network of technical communities and chapters worldwide.
NOTE TO MEDIA:
Visit the new SME Media Center for the latest Society news, one-stop access to SME Events, Manufacturing Quicklinks, SME social media sites, RSS feed and more.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact SME Public Relations at 313.425.3000, email email@example.com or fax: 313.425.3403.