The FFC Technical Paper Excellence Award is open to anyone presenting forming and fabricating information at an SME-sponsored or co-sponsored event. Papers presented at SME events will be entered automatically. Papers presented at co-sponsored events, such as FABTECH, need to be submitted separately to SME by the author(s).
The FFC Technical Paper Excellence Award consists of:
- A plaque presented at the annual Forming & Fabricating Community's meet-and-greet held at FABTECH.
- Picture on the community's website.
- Name of author(s), picture(s) and a description of the paper on the award page.
- Papers should be between 10-12 pages, exclusive of figures and tables.
- PowerPoint presentations are not eligible.
- Papers should exhibit innovation, uniqueness, feasibility, benefit and value to the forming and fabricating community. They should be technical in nature and free of commercialism.
- Entries must be received annually by June 30.