MONTREAL, May 13, 2016 – The launch of the Montreal Manufacturing Technology Show (MMTS) is set for Monday, May 16. The three-day 2016 MMTS is the premier event for the manufacturing sector in Quebec. Held every two years, the show is set to take place at Place Bonaventure, where manufacturing professionals will be able to make contact with their peers, attend numerous training sessions, and discover innovative technology and products presented by over 400 companies from around the world.
From 3D Printing to Machining and Tooling Innovations
In addition to well-known exhibitors such as Elliott Matsuura, Haas Automation, Machineries B V, Mazak, and Megatel, the 2016 MMTS offers three days of hands on learning, including equipment demonstrations as well as training and networking with industry leaders in machining and tooling, metalworking, additive manufacturing and 3D printing, advanced manufacturing solutions including automation and robotics as well as workforce development.
5 REASONS TO VISIT MMTS 2016
1. Explore more than 1.5 million pounds of manufacturing equipment and cutting-edge manufacturing solutions from over 400 suppliers from across the globe.
2. Discover over 100 new products and solutions from trusted manufacturing leaders.
3. Attend special presentations in the MMTS Zone, on machine tools and tooling, additive manufacturing and 3D printing, advanced manufacturing, automated manufacturing and assembly systems, along with workforce development.
4. Attend sessions with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Éric Tétrault, President of Quebec Manufacturers and Exporters (QME), who will explain his winning formula for stimulating economic growth in Quebec. Roch Champagne, Manager, Strategy and Operations/Supply Chain Management, Deloitte, will deliver a presentation on the Internet of Things and Virtual Reality.
5. Attend Job Shop Appreciation Night on May 17, an evening dedicated to small and medium-sized Quebec manufacturers where 10-time Stanley Cup winner Yvan Cournoyer will take the floor.
· For the media
· For visitors
About The Montreal Manufacturing Technology Show (MMTS)
MMTS is Quebec’s premier event for the manufacturing sector, attracting more than 4,500 buyers and influencers. Held every two years, MMTS offers a single gateway to breakthroughs and developments in machine tools, tooling, metalworking and advanced manufacturing, including additive manufacturing, automation and robotics, and design and software solutions.
This three-day event connects manufacturing professionals with peers, education opportunities and innovative technologies presented by over 400 companies from around the world. Attendees discover the latest high-tech innovations, network with decision-makers and peers, watch live machinery demonstrations and purchase cutting-edge equipment and solutions, many of which are being introduced to the Quebec market for the first time. Visit www.mmts.ca for more information.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skill needs for the industry. Visit www.sme.org for more information. You can also follow @SME_MFG and @SME_Canada on Twitter, or check out our Facebook page at facebook.com/SMEmfg.
If you have questions about the press release or need additional information, please contact SME Public Relations at email@example.com.